A human being is so active that his body is constantly subjected to injuries or wear and tear. Knee pain has been recorded as one of the most occurring pain amongst individuals.
Sports activities, exercises can cause muscle strains, tendinitis, and more serious injuries to ligaments and cartilage.
Many people suffer severe knee pain that arises the need for surgery. It is better to take necessary precautions by understanding deeply about the causes of pain early to avoid surgery.
The severity of knee pain varies depending upon the cause. It can be so acute in some cases that it restricts you to perform regular activities. On the other hand, mild knee pain stops from leading a healthy lifestyle by causing chronic hindrance. Based on that, knee pain treatment also differs. You can visit orthocure to get effective treatment from the best orthopedic doctor in the gurgaon.
The location of the knee pain may also vary depending upon the cause. Some might feel it in the middle of the knee, others may feel it in the kneecap area and some of them also complain about the combination of both.
The knee joint is one of the most integral joints of the human body as it lends support to the whole human structure by joining the thigh and the leg, keeping a synchronization between the hip and the ankle. The knee joint leads to the smooth propagation of the body.
The main parts of the knee joints are:-
- Synovial fluid – The Lubricant between both the joints.
- Menisci- Cushioning between joints to prevent them from rubbing into each other, shock absorber.
- Four large ligaments – To prevent bones from moving in the wrong direction or dislocation.
- Muscular envelope- responsible for providing extra stability and power to the knee joint.
Let’s discuss the causes of knee pain:-
- Knee ligament injuries:- ligaments provide stability to the knees by joining thigh bone and lower leg bones. Such injuries are mostly caused due to a highly active lifestyle. They can occur to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL),- it is the main ligament located between the thigh bone and shinbone. A posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and medial collateral ligament (MCL). It is most common in athletes, occurring due to immediate movements such as jumping, colliding, changing positions abruptly. It causes difficulty to walk, swelling, severe pain in the knee, and multiple.
- Meniscus tears:- It takes place in the cartilage of the knee. Cartilage is a flexible tissue, acts as a covering of the bones. There are two menisci present in the knee joint. Medial on inside and lateral is placed outside of the joint. Wear and tear can be caused to the cartilage by a sudden movement such as twisting or turning.
- Arthritis:- stiffness and swelling are caused in the knee due to arthritis. There are mainly 3 kinds of arthritis such as
- Rheumatoid arthritis – the tissue of the knee joint gets thickened and thickened. It can lead to the loss of cartilage.
- Osteoarthritis – people are more vulnerable as they age. It occurs due to the rubbing of boxes together and can cause wearing of the joint.
- Post-traumatic arthritis – is caused by a severe knee injury.
The severity of the pain increases with the progress of knee arthritis. But, surgery is not the only option to cure the pain. Numerous things can be taken into the habit to avoid surgery. Various home exercises and medications can help to alleviate the pain and treat the problem by not choosing the root of surgery.
The treatment will vary according to your medical conditions, age, lifestyle. Everything is well considered before knee healthcare. Non-invasive treatments have said to work well for knee pain treatment
At orthocure Clinics, our patients are given personalized treatment after evaluating several factors like severity of the orthopedic condition, patient’s medical history, lifestyle, and the treatment method that will benefit them the most in terms of pain alleviation and management. The advanced diagnostic services along with the globally acclaimed procedures make us stand out from the crowd in providing the best treatment to our clients.