Avoid your back pain by improving your physical condition and practising proper body mechanics. So get Active!
- Form a routine of exercising regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Take active breaks from work. Take a 5 mins break every 30 mins. make a pending phone call and walk while talking, walk on the spot or around your house. Go and get yourself a cup of tea/coffee/water from the kitchen, Play a song and jump/stretch for 5 mins, Perform domestic chores such as cleaning and arranging the room, go up and down the stairs, use a box to perform step-ups.
- Avoid movements that twist or strain your back.
- Use a laptop support to maintain eye level and help put less strain on your neck.
- Use a back support or a cushion behind your back to help support your spine and reduce strain.
- Gentle stretches of neck in between work hours helps in maintaining flexibility of the spine.
- Do chin tucks regularly to avoid poke neck posture.
- Use proper body mechanics- stand smart, sleep smart, lift smart.
- Daily Hot and cold packs (whatever suits you) twice or thrice a day helps in managing spasm, stiffness and pain.
This information should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment as this is for informational purposes only. One must consult their healthcare provider before making any healthcare decisions. Any damage, loss or injury suffered by an individual as a result of reliance on the information contained on this site is neither the responsibility nor the liability of Orthocure Clinics.