One of the struggles associated with Ankylosing Spondylitis(AS) that heavily affects the quality of life is the struggle to fall asleep every night. Getting proper and pain-free sleep is very critical to ensure that you give your 100% throughout the day and to feel energized. Sleep is something you cannot ever compromise with since without getting certain hours of sleep daily it can impact other aspects of life by causing tiredness, lethargy, difficulty to focus, and the overall health and wellbeing of an individual. The extremity of the back pain due to Ankylosing Spondylitis is directly proportional to the severity of the condition.
Getting Spondylitis treatment You should not settle down for less sleep and should get your done to ensure that you don’t mess up with your sleep every day.Getting Cervical Spondylitis Treatment In Gurgaon can make a great difference to your overall comfort and quality of life. Orthocure has the best team of specialized doctors that look into the root cause of your musculoskeletal condition followed by initial pain relief, structural correction and recurrence prevention. According to the condition of the patient, non invasive treatment methods like physiotherapy are provided by the best physiotherapists in Gurgaon.
We will be giving you few simple tips to sleep better if You Have Ankylosing Spondylitis:-
- It’s anyway important to sleep on a firm and comfortable mattress but it becomes more significant to get the right mattress when you are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis, it makes your body stay in a still position and you wouldn’t have to move too much. In simple words, it provides alignment to the body.
- Working out can do wonders if you are seeking a satisfying sleep. You need to decide the proper timing of your workout since it contributes a lot to your sleeping patterns. Ensure you are doing some sort of physical activity in a day be it walking for 30 minutes or an intense workout. Exercise adds to the quality of sleep and also you tend to fall asleep really quickly since your body gets tired.
- It is important on your end that before you go to sleep, you keep distractions far away from you like your cell phone or drawing the curtains properly so that sunlight doesn’t wake you up during dawn.
- One notices slight reduction in pain if you get a warm water bath before going to bed. It releases the stiffness out of your body and allows your joints to loosen up a little. Hence, allowing you to sleep well.
- Improve your sleeping positions. Try keeping your body posture straight and aligned while sleeping and resist bad sleeping postures.
- Avoid using a pillow or if you can’t do so, try using a pillow with thin layers. It keeps your head in a settled position and extends appropriate alignment to your body.
So, these are a few tips that can help you to have your desired sleep by reducing your pain. However, to understand the security of the condition, for pain alleviation and recurrence prevention proper treatment from specialists is necessary. For that matter, one can consult our team of expert orthopaedists, physiotherapists, and chiropractor at Orthocure. We evaluate your problem thoroughly to get into the root cause of the problem so that we can diagnose it accurately. We prepare a customized plan for you which aligns with your lifestyle and severity of the musculoskeletal condition.Our objective is to allow you to lead a quality life by alleviating the pain associated with the bone and muscle related condition.