Patient Success Stories for Back
Case 1 :
- Name: Mr. Abhijit Ray
- Age: 45 years
Complaints & Symptoms: Acute Pain and stiffness in the low back that he can’t even turn in bed and sleep properly because of pain.
Protocols Followed: Physiotherapy modalities along with low back exercises.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Within 5 sessions patient showed drastic improvement with his pain level at 8 on first session to 2 on fifth session
Low back pain is much better after treatment. Excellent guidance from Dr.Ruchita. Exercises are helping a lot. Thank you doctor.
Case 2 :
Acute Back pain
- Name: Mrs. Devyani
- Age: 40
Complaints & Symptoms: Severe backache ,not able to stand and walk,not relieved by rest ,pain killers and injection.
Protocols Followed: Cold Pack, Myofacial releases , Chiro adjustments, matrix, Laser, Exercises.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Patient was pain free without any medication. She was able to stand and walk without any back pain.
I am very happy with the treatment that I received here. Clinic environment is awesome and staff is very cooperative. Blessings to Orthocure.
Case 3 :
Mid Back Pain
- Name: Siddharth Lal
- Age: 42
Complaints & Symptoms: pain in the upper back starting from mid to upper back, especially when changing position, While sitting for long hours and getting up from certain positions and during kickboxing. Its like a current which goes up from midback to shoulder.
Protocols Followed: Adjustments done to align the vertebrae and bones followed by hot packs and some strengthening exercises for shoulder blade, Ergonomics advise given.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Pain was gone which was coming in some positions and posture
I had pain in my upper back and after the first visit itself the pain is significantly reduced. The doctor said my vertebrae were misaligned and fixed that.... I recommend the doctor
Case 4 :
Muscular Low back pain in Pregnancy
- Name: Ms. Neha Jain
- Age: 32 years
Complaints & Symptoms: low back pain
Protocols Followed: Mayofascial release and TENS
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Better with no fresh complaints
I would highly recommend Dr. Meeta and the Orthocure clinic. I really liked the way she treated me for my back pain especially when I am expecting my first baby and she cannot give me all kinds of treatment because of this. I had trouble even walking and after 4 sessions, I was relieved of my pain. She advised some stretching work outs for my back pain and also related to pregnancy. She asked me to see me only on SOS basis as I was feeling better unlike other doctors who will keep asking you to visit them to make more money. The best part is that she only attends 1 patient at a time and provides diagnosis with full sincerity. The clinic is peaceful with positive environment. I have asked also my mother also to see her as I trust her.
Case 1 :
Post-surgical relapse Low back pain with radiating pain (Lumbar Canal Stenosis).
- Name: Mr. Mohit Wason
- Age: 31 years
Complaints & Symptoms: LBP with radiating pain in both Lower extremities. Was bent on one side (prominent hard list) with difficulty walking/ standing for 5 mins.
Protocols Followed: McKenzie for list correction, Lumbar Spinal Decompression therapy and Low back MedX
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: No more back pain or in the legs. Is able to walk pain free. Even participates in Marathons.
Visited for Low back pain with difficulty walking or even standing for 5 mins and was even bent on one side. Had tried a lot of other treatments like basic physiotherapy, acupuncture and magnetic therapy but my condition only kept getting worse.
I had to undergo spine surgery. A few weeks after the surgery I had a relapse of all my symptoms along with the list. I was advised Re-surgery by 2 prominent Orthopedic surgeons. But Dr. Meeta Nanda, who specializes in spine, took up the challenge and corrected my list with McKenzie protocol. Then she put me on a unique treatment of Spinal Decompression therapy form Canada. My symptoms gradually reduced and was able to walk taller, straighter and pain free. I was then put on a specialized back strengthening protocol from USA, Florida- the MedX machine. With the help of MedX, I now feel stronger and more confident about my back. One of the biggest assessment of my recovery is that now I walk to the clinic for my regular checkups which is 6 Kms away from my home. I would without a doubt recommend Orthocure clinic to any one in pain and a must visit before going in for a surgery.
Case 1 :
Chronic radiating pain and parasthesia
- Name: Mr. Manohar Lal Bhatia
- Age: 70
Complaints & Symptoms: Back pain with radiating pain in legs and parasthesia.
Protocols Followed: Hot Pack, Matrix,Laser,Manual release,Dry needling,Strengthening Exercises.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Patient was painfree and was able to walk. Activities of daily living were done easily.
I am relieved from the pain that I have come with. Blessings to orthocure.
Case 7 :
Muscular Pain + SI joint dysfunction
- Name: Mr. Sunbir Wadhwa
- Age: 46 years
Complaints & Symptoms: Low back pain especially on prolonged sitting or travel with intermittent increase in back pain and stiffness.
Protocols Followed: Lumbar MedX and SI joint alignment correction
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Better with no fresh complaints. Is currently on Maintenance protocol of MedX.
I came to Orthocure after undergoing physiotherapy (for my lower back issues) at another center for nearly 2 months. Having patiently undergone treatment at another 'popular' center without satisfactory results, I was quite skeptical about what to expect from Orthocure, as it was an unknown Centre. I had no recommendation from any known sources. I had come across Orthocure while googling the net. What followed was the 3 month treatment program of MedX which yielded excellent results. Initially Dr. Meenal and then Dr. Meeta guided me through the program. I was explained in detail what was causing the problem and how it would be treated and rectified. The program started yielding visible results after the first few sittings. While it was not smooth sailing always, as my problem was complicated, Dr. Meeta dealt with all the surprises and customized my treatment accordingly. Now at the end of 3 month program, I am completely satisfied with the results and would without any hesitation 'Fully' recommend the services of Orthocure & Dr. Meeta to anyone facing similar, lower back issues.
Patient Success Stories for Neck
Case 1 :
Chronic neck Pain Radiating to arms
- Name: Mr Naresh Sharma
- Age: 68yrs
Complaints & Symptoms: Pain in the left arm esp. comes with reaching activities and eating food on dining table, Taking back of the neck was limited & painful, difficulty and restriction felt in looking sideways and bending of the neck side to side was painful & restricted, Spasm of the cervical muscles Osteoporotic.
Protocols Followed: Patient was put on the Mulligans mobilization with neural mobilization followed by hot packs, Ergonomics advice and some set of exercises using resistive bands to work on strength.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Patients arm tingling was drastically reduced and was maintain a much better posture, was put on some home exercise program to maintain his muscular strength.
I came here on the recommendation of a friend doctor and my experience here was unbelievable. I met Dr Meenal Sharma and Dr Aakriti. Their behaviour is beyond words. Very nice and Courteous. Treatment given by Dr Meenal took me to a different world.I had different opinions about physiotherapists but coming here changed my Attitude. All the Best.
Case 2 :
Chronic neck pain with giddiness and stiffness in neck
- Name: Mrs. Satya Tyagi
- Age: 74
Complaints & Symptoms: Severe neck pain from past 6- 7 years. Neck movement was restricted. Patient was complaining of nausea and vomiting due to neck pain.
Protocols Followed: Hot Pack, Matrix,Laser, Chiro adjustments,Manual releases, Muscle Energy Techniques, Exercises.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Patient was painfree and relieved from giddiness and stiffness. She was able to do her daily activities easily.
The treatment I received here gave me relief from very old pain that I was suffering from. Thank you to Orthocure.
Case 3 :
Neck pain muscular
- Name: Mr. Gopinath akundy
- Age: 44 years
Complaints & Symptoms: Severe Pain and stiffness in the neck due to which pat. Had to take painkillers every time.
Protocols Followed: Dry Needling, stretching exercises and MedX neck strengthening program
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Decrease in pain and stiffness in neck as well as increase the strength in the neck muscles and he stopped taking painkillers.
I have spondylitis problem. Along with this got weak neck & upper back muscles with chronic pain in that area. With the dry needling my pains were relieved. With the help of Dr. Ruchita Agarwal I learned stretching exercises for neck and upper back region with and without theraband. Also undergone three months Med X sessions as per her advice to strengthen the neck muscles. The readings of muscle strength and muscle balance were gradually improved over those three months. Currently I am on maintenance mode on Med X to maintain the neck muscle strength and balance. Combination of muscle strengthening equipment, dry needling, stretching exercises and cold/hot pack therapy reduced the medication intake of muscle relaxants and pain killers. I would recommend orthocure for those looking for advanced ortho services where they got Orthopedicians, Physiotherapists, along with latest equipment on muscle strengthening for neck/back.
Case 1 :
- Name: Mr. Sahil Aggarwal
- Age: 24 years
Complaints & Symptoms: Acute Pain the neck and unable to move his neck in any direction, every movement was painful.
Protocols Followed: Physiotherapy modalities along with mulligan for neck and exercises.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: all the neck movements painfree with full ROM.
Pain is relieved. Hints of pain upon strenuous activity still there but otherwise full mobility restored and is pain free. Thanks. Cheers☺.
Case 2 :
Postural Neck pain
- Name: Ms. Bronia Marak
- Age: 36 years
Complaints & Symptoms: Patient c/o pain in neck which gets aggravated after prolong sitting, working on laptop, lifting something heavy.
Protocols Followed: Stretching exercises, physiotherapy modalities, dry needling and strengthening exercises with and without theraband and Ergonomic advice given.
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Patient pain is greatly reduced and she is now following all my instructions for exercises and also for maintaining good posture.
My doctor Dr.Ruchita has taken a great care of my pain. Explained to me the basic necessity of maintaining proper posture. Have been on time with my schedule, easy going and easy to discuss the pain related issues. Since, coming here in Orthocure I have been able to identify my pain areas and work on it and now my pain is much better and her instructions and procedures are easy to follow which I am following regularly on daily basis.
Case 1 :
- Name: Ms. Sonam Mehra (name changed)
- Age: 31 years
Complaints & Symptoms: 1.pain and stiffness in the neck. 2. Recurrent headaches and disturbed sleep.3. Constant clicking every time she moved her right shoulder.
Protocols Followed: Dry Needling and McKenzie
Patient Condition on completion of treatment: Drastic decrease in headaches and stopped taking painkillers.
Recommended by a friend, I went to Orthocure clinic for a solution for my constant headaches and neck pain. Dr.Meeta did Dry Needling to release my taut muscles and discussed in detail about all the do’s and don’t’s. I had more than 50% decrease in my neck and shoulder pain with a magical disappearance of the clicking in my right shoulder just after one sitting. She then put me on McKenzie protocol for my headaches and even mobilized my spine. Since then, the frequency of my headaches has drastically gone down. It is such a relief to stop popping in painkillers. Thank You, Orthocure and Dr.Meeta.
When do I see a doctor for back pain?
If your back pain is more or less continuous throughout the day or affecting your daily routine or radiating to your legs and is accompanied by numbness, you should get to see your doctor right away. Any unusual weakness should also be evaluated.
Which specialist do I see for back pain treatment?
For your back pain the thumb rule is to start with conservative management in case its non-traumatic and see a specialist who can help you. This can include a Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Orthopaedist or a Spine Specialist. They can evaluate your condition and offer appropriate treatment to help alleviate your pain.
Will back pain heal itself over time?
Back pain usually goes away on its own in case its non-traumatic. About 90 percent of patients with low back pain will recover within 6 weeks of following good posture habits, regular exercises, taking hot/cold packs as a regime, intake of good diet and daily stretches. Visit your therapist for accurate advice to treat your back pain.
Is lower back pain common in females?
Females have higher prevalence of low back pain (LBP) across all age groups, male vs. female difference in LBP prevalence further increases after female menopause age. Postmenopausal women show accelerated disc degeneration due to relative estrogen deficiency.
What causes lower back pain?
Most commonly, mechanical issues, soft-tissue injuries and weakness of core muscles are the cause of low back pain. These can further result in damage to the intervertebral discs, compression of nerve roots, and improper movement at the spinal joints. The single most common cause of lower back pain is a torn or pulled muscle and/or ligament.
How do I find treatment for lower back pain?
Basic remedies applied at home can be effective for treating mild or acute pain from muscle strain, as well as reducing the effects of chronic, severe pain. The method includes- Short rest period, Activity modification, Posture modification, Ice and head therapy and over the counter medication. In case these are not giving your relief, you can take the treatment of lower back pain at your nearest therapist or physician.
Do I need to see a doctor for lower back pain?
If your back pain is from a recent strain or mild injury try home care for atleast 3 days in case if it’s still unmanageable or accompanied by other symptoms such as numbness or tingling in your arms or legs than see a doctor right away.
How it Starts?
- Spine is made up of 33 vertebrae (bones) & discs.
- Constantly your weight and day to day activities bears a load on the spine and the gravity also pulls you down 24*7.
- If your muscles are strong then then 90% of this load is borne by the muscles.
- Only 10% load is exhibited onto the discs.
- Discs are very soft the outer layer is made up of fibers in circles and inner part is made up of gel like material. They are pliable, can take load compresses in structure and return back to their normal position.
- Now 4-5 yrs of sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercises and poor posture all contributes to weakening of the back musculature.
- Earlier the symptoms are just on & off pain and discomfort but then these start becoming more profound and sort of more intense stiffness or pain.
- Now the mechanism of loading changes your spine starts a mechanism of load bearing in which the muscles are not able to take the load more than 10-20%- they say no we cannot take more than this load and now what about the leftover load??
- It is all borne by the discs- now as stated earlier disc are not so strong – this continuous pressure changes it shapes and do damages to the disc structure resulting in a bulge or herniation
- This disc bulge then start compressing the nerve roots coming out of that level and causes pain.
- Sometimes it can just limit to simple spasm of the muscles around the back and the other times it could be compressing the nerves coming out of that level.
- So basically weak muscles are the root cause of all the back problem.
Factors contributing to back pain
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Age and weight.
- Lack of exercises.
- Bad postures for prolonged periods of time like working on a laptop, reading a novel/book, watching television, prolonged phone usage etc.
- Weakness in core muscles.
- Doing excessive gymming or weight training without proper coaching.
- Awkward bending twisting motions of the back.
- Picking up of heavy weights/furniture/suitcase in improper position.
- Back pain can be continuous or intermittent in nature.
- Pain and stiffness which usually gets better with rest.
- Pain that can aggravate while bending, walking, prolonged sitting etc.
- If the bulge is significant the pain can also radiate upto the legs and feet too.
- There may or may not be tingling and numbness.
- Weakness in the muscles of the lower limb.
- Tiredness in the calf muscle and foot.
- Tight hamstring (back of the thigh) muscle which further reduces flexibility.
- Trigger points in and around back, thighs and calves.
- Increase in the intraabdominal pressure usually increases the intensity of pain like sneezing, coughing, constipation.
- X-ray: Gives us an idea of degenerative changes, reduced disc space or any misalignmnets which can be causing pain. The clinical symptoms are corelated with the physical finding then.
- MRI: though not always reliable but gives us a complete picture of disc bulge, herniations and nerve compression.
- Physical Examination- Further confirms the diagnosis.
Prevention is better then cure
- Avoid your back pain by improving your physical condition and practising proper body mechanics.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid movements that twist or strain your back.
- Use proper body mechanics- stand smart, sleep smart, lift smart.
- Exercise regularly and be active.
- Gentle stretches helps maintaining flexibility of the spine.
- Once the pain settles a bit than strength training of the core muscles has to be started to treat the problem from the root!
- If it does not settle in 3 weeks with above precautions seek an expert advice.
- Our neck consists of 7 vertebrae which are stack of bones one above the other.
- Between these vertebrae are discs which absorbs shock and nerves originates at the sides supplying from side of the neck to shoulders and upto fingers.
- Bones, ligaments and muscles supports your neck and allow motion.
How it is caused?
- Mainly due to poor posture.
- Working on laptop/desk for prolonged period of time.
- Sleeping in an awkward position.
- Jerking neck during exercises.
- Age related degenerative changes
- Overuse injuries
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash (accident)
Most of the time it isn’t serious and can be relieved in few days. In case it does not resolve in 2 weeks its time to seek an expert advice.
What can be felt?
- Neck pain and stiffness which can be intermittent or continuous.
- It usually starts as mild stiffness which usually comes at the end of the day and get worse overtime if not taken care of.
- Feeling heavy at the sides of neck and is usually painful with knots in muscles.
- Restricted movements
- Feel/may not feel light headedness or dizziness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Trouble with lifting or gripping objects.
Tips for Prevention
- Regular breaks in between your work hours.
- Minimize “tech neck” (usage of phone for social sites, gaming etc)
- Maintain a good posture.
- Do chin tucks to correct posture.
- Neck isometrics should be done regularly.
- Gentle stretches keep muscles more pliable and keep problems at a bay.
- Use a customised pillow.
- Use laptop stand while at work.
- Use a handy massager at home to ease out the stiffness.
- Take regular hot/cold packs on regular basis.
- Avoid holding phone in between your neck and shoulder.
- Don’t use neck collars without your doctors approval. If not done so they can make your symptoms worse.
- If the pain is intense then its good to invest in a home TENS machine.
Meet Our Doctors
Orthopaedics Doctor Near Me In Gurgaon
SPO-214, Second Floor, Office Block, South Point Mall, DLF Phase 5, Golf Course Road, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
Time: 08:00 AM – 08:00 PM
House No: 468 Near Huda Market, Sector 40, Gurugram, Haryana 122003
Time: 09:00 AM – 09:00 PM
C-410, Fourth Floor, Nirvana Courtyard, Nirvana Country, Sector 50, Gurugram, Haryana 122018
Time: 09:00 AM – 09:00 PM
C/O Miracles Mediclinic, SCO- 1, 2 & 3, Sector 14, Gurugram, Haryana 122007
Time: 09:00 AM – 09:00 PM